COVID-19 Update 9 July 2020
CPEC is open for business
As CEO of CPEC, I would like to thank all of our families for the way you accepted the changes that we made in the first wave of COVID -19 and for your ongoing understanding and support during the past few months.
With the experience gained during the first lock down, we have determined that most services can continue with strict COVID safe adaptations. Increased sanitisation and hygiene practices, the application of strict social distancing and the use of personal protective equipment by therapists will ensure your family’s safety. Our current practices of temperature checking and hand sanitisation will continue upon entry to the centre.
Summary of Service operation from July 9:
- Use of Telehealth using the Zoom platform is encouraged where it is effective in delivering therapy outcomes
- Individual therapy sessions will continue at the centre with minimised physical contact. As a reminder please bring in your child’s own equipment – this may be a quilt, brush, arm wraps, leg wraps, etc
- PROMPT therapy will not be available for 6 weeks
- Mealtime assessments – Speech Pathology will continue with the use of face shields and mandated hand sanitisation
Home, kinder and school visits
- Home visits – will be assessed on a case-by-case basis and compulsory use of staff COVID hygiene packs, which includes a temperature check of all of the people in the home.
- School/kinder/childcare visits – will be assessed on a case-by-case basis. Therapists will encourage schools to book telehealth sessions and staff will use COVID hygiene packs when attending community visits.
- Early Intervention Group programs will be proceeding with the use of face shields, distancing and mandated hand sanitisation. As a reminder, please bring in your child’s own equipment – this may be a quilt, brush, arm wraps, leg wraps, etc.
A microwave oven will be placed in the program room for reheating meals and drinks will be prepared by the program assistant. We ask that parents refrain from using the kitchen area to enable social distancing rules to be maintained.
- Extended Education (Chat) – One group will continue via telehealth. The other group will proceed at the centre with the use of face shields and mandated hand sanitisation
- Extended Education (Motor) – will continue with the use of face shields and mandated hand sanitisation.
Thank you for your continued support as we adapt to the new rules and program changes. If you have any concerns please contact me.
Keep safe during this time.
Claire Cotter CEO